Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Introduction

Welcome to my blog! I'm a Christian who is not part of a denomination but believes the Bible and goes out in the streets preaching the Word of God. As God is all powerful, he can certainly use people to bring others to the Lord through lots of different avenues. However, I have been called to preach in the streets. There is a good biblical basis for preaching to strangers in the open air, and when I don't go out preaching regularly, I am convicted of ignoring God's call. God's call on my life has manifested itself in many ways too numerous to list here. So, I shall use this blog (along with my twitter account: @strt_evangelist) to set out my reasons for preaching as I do. Also, I would like to encourage others to do the same. So, I will give reasons for others to preach in the open air as well.  There are, of course, issues of content when one preaches and I'll address those, too. As I come up with (either through my own thought, revelations from God or input from others) ideas on other ways one might be able to work for God through evangelism, I'll give those, too. Now, I'm sure my plans for this blog will change over time, but I promise to do my best to follow the Bible in all I do with it. Thank you, and I hope that you will be built up by what you read. Lastly, may God bless you in your efforts to follow him.

1 comment: