Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sometimes Healing Takes a While

When I go out preaching, people always ask me, "Why should I believe the Bible? How do I know I can trust it?" I tell them that the type of miracles the Bible talks about still take place today. And, healing is one of the most common of these miracles. People often don't see the miracles, though, becuase they don't know the word of God well enough to know them when they see them.  Or, they don't have enough faith to persist in their belief until what they are seeing catches up with what they believe.  I received the following testimony through e-mail May 17th, 2011. I'm posting it because I think it is such a good example of how it can take a while for us to show God that we really do believe his promises. But, if we are faithful to him, we will see that he is also faithful to us. Praise be to God.

Hi everyone,

On May 5 my wife, Sandy, sent out a prayer request for me. Around Easter I had a slight gout attack in my left ankle that was more inconvenience than painful. After several days I had to meet with some clients to show a very remote 10 acre parcel of land in the Blue Ridge Mountains. I had taken my cane with me to help keep me stand up right on the property.  While I was locating and re-marking one of the property line stakes I slipped backwards and grabbed hold of a mountain laurel branch to steady myself. I believe at this time I must have pulled a muscle or a hamstring in the back side of my left knee. After 2 days I was unable to walk on it at all and found it extremely painful. It was at this time Sandy sent out the E-mail requesting prayer.
My son-in-law, Matthew Keller, had made up a very nice booklet called “Taking God's Word as Medicine”; His version of the Pink Cards from Faith Tech and I borrowed it from him. I began to read it. I read it before I would go to bed and after several nights I would wake up with some of the scriptures on my mind. My family and all of you had been praying and I knew that I needed to relax on God’s Promises and that I had an Army of God’s Saints doing battle with me and just needed to get to a place of faith that I could not think of anything else but that I was healed.
Another week went by with no let up on the pain but by then I began to relax more with God’s word washing me. I believe it was the middle of the week that I hopped into the shower and began to sing and praise God and thank him for my healing. After about 10 or 15 minutes I had a release in my spirit almost as if the wind had been knock out of me. I didn’t notice anything as far as healing in my natural body but I did feel it in my spirit. Immediately I got dressed and began to walk about the home without any crutches. I still had pain and it was difficult to walk but I knew that I needed to be responsible to God and act out my faith.

I did start to improve over the next few days, then on Sunday May 15 I got up out of bed and walked without any aid and my healing had caught up with my faith.

I truly want to thank all of you that keep me lifted up in your prayers.

Praise the Lord!

Bill Farr

Here are a few Scriptures that would come to mind at night:

Matt. 8:26: “ And Jesus said unto them, why are you fearful, O you of little faith?

Matt. 8:13: “And Jesus said to the centurion, Go your way, and as you have believed, so be it done unto you. And his servant was healed in the same hour.”

Matt. 8:16: “When evening was come, they brought unto Jesus many that were possessed with demons; and he cast out the spirits with his word, and HEALED ALL THAT WERE SICK.”

Malachi 4:2: “But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in His wings.”

1 comment: